Κυριακή 19 Ιουνίου 2016

Reflections - a handmade journal or living with a teenager!

I have a teen daughter and I love her to pieces. But she is a Teen, so during the last year, most of the times we are fighting. She is a sweet girl , she has accomplished everything she had tried so far, she is a person I can depend on - although she is only 13 - and  I am proud to be her mama

BUTTTT 

right now we are fighting like none of us can stand the other.

She perceives herself as a young woman, while she is not yet. She tends to be verbally aggressive, very competitive, she "knows better"  and most of the times dismisses us (me and her dad) as the "old generation with the old ways" . But at the same time, she comes to my bed after a nightmare, she forgets to wash her nails etc and needs some "mama hugs" during the week, to deal with life!

As - I am sure-  every mother of a healthy teenager does, I am surfing the net, trying to find ways to deal with this new status quo, we face at home.

During a night surfing to some teen psychology sites, I happened on an image of a young girl, looking away. I do not know if this was a painting treated digitally or a photo, but the girl was highly emotional and somehow buckled up. 

I am an artist and when I see something artistic it triggers a nerve. And this one, was a  great piece of art! So I printed the image and made a journal from it!




 Don't you think that this girl is looking at the future, knowing exactly what she wants?



The back features a book collage, and its focal point is the title of Wuthering Heights. Because this girl "was a wild, wicked slip of a girl. She burned too bright for this world". Fitting. Isn't it?


Some of the inner pages


So this journal is called "Reflections" , is part of my "Frozen in Time" Series and helped me overcome a crisis!

You can browse the journal here 

Keep creating! 


3 σχόλια: