It all started with this picture:
It is a small cafe in Areopolis near Gythio. We were there, a week after Easter, for a two-days excursion. On the road to Diros caves, we stopped for a coffee.
Baked under the strong golden sun of Mani, the town was like a medieval dream! I made a lot of pictures but this one is a full recipe : new and old, golden and white, the dried summer plants with their still green edges... Magic!
As I could not capture the colors on paper, I printed the picture in both paper and acetat. I made several attempts - the plain acetat was almost the real image, but I left it for a week and it didn't dry. The inkjet printer acetat dried at once, but the colors lost their brilliance. I wish I had one of these professional printers, but, alas, I have a cheap HP (I don't compain-it does its job decently most of the time).
The result is the following:
- Stamp set: Tim Holtz "Travel"
- Papers: Core'dinations and I believe the patterned is Rouge de Garance Aile ou Fleurs #4
- Distress powder "Aged Mahogany"
- Sticker: Karen Foster "Adventure Awaits", letters from Upikit
- Tim Holtz's Distress inks
- Glitter Dusts
I will submit it to the following challenges: