Κυριακή 30 Μαΐου 2010


It all started with this picture:



It is a small cafe in Areopolis near Gythio. We were there, a week after Easter, for a two-days excursion. On the road to Diros caves, we stopped for a coffee.

Baked under the strong golden sun of Mani, the town was like a medieval dream! I made a lot of pictures but this one is a full recipe : new and old, golden and white, the dried summer plants with their still green edges... Magic!

As I could not capture the colors on paper, I printed the picture in both paper and acetat. I made several attempts - the plain acetat was almost the real image, but I left it for a week and it didn't dry. The inkjet printer acetat dried at once, but the colors lost their brilliance. I wish I had one of these professional printers, but, alas, I have a cheap HP (I don't compain-it does its job decently most of the time).

The result is the following:


I used:

- Stamp set: Tim Holtz "Travel"
- Papers: Core'dinations and I believe the patterned is Rouge de Garance Aile ou Fleurs #4
- Distress powder "Aged Mahogany"
- Sticker: Karen Foster "Adventure Awaits", letters from Upikit
- Tim Holtz's Distress inks
- Glitter Dusts

I will submit it to the following challenges:

12 σχόλια:

  1. Μυρτώ μπράβο! Πολύ ωραίο ύφος και πανεμορφα ταιριαστά χρώματα!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Beautiful!!! thanks for joining us at Delightful Sketches & Challenges.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. It is amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin. x

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  4. Beautiful ,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Sketches&Challenges,
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  5. It's great how pictures can inspire layouts and cards isn't it. This is lovely!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  6. what a beautiful picture, wish i was there - thanks for joining in my blog candy
    Lisa ;)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  7. Beautiful layout! I can see how you were inspired by that picture!

    Thanks for joining our challenge at Practical Scrappers :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  8. Fab card and great distressing.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  9. Had to stop by and comment on your beautiful photograph its so perfect it really is.
    love the way you have use it in your perfect layout.
    hugs chris xx

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή