Δευτέρα 16 Μαΐου 2016

Andy Skinner Workshops at Scarpsnpieces.gr

Many years ago, when I was experimenting with arts and crafts,  the only thing I was sure of , was that I loved to create. I had not picked any craft yet - I was experimenting,  as every newbie do.  I was lucky to be introduced to Dina Wakley early enough, and she helped me understand a bit of the  "whats" and "hows" of acrylic paint.  Back then, she was new to teaching - in fact the course I had was her first online course - and not the well known designer she is today! She introduced me to art journaling and made me realise that what I wanted to do was invoving paint. She was using color, as I had never seen before and I was very happy to learn from her!

I was taking one course after the other, as this new art world was an apocalypse for the geek I was until then! One or two years later,  I "discovered" a man - an Englishman - who was with one foot on pottery and the other on timeworn techniques with acrylics. He was not yet a star, but what he could do with paint left me speechles! I registered at  his own first online course and was hooked! Back then he had a bad camera, the video quality was poor, he was documenting in pdf what he was trying to show on screen BUUT he was a great teacher and what was presenting was one of its kind! You see, now mixed media and antiquing and all this stuff is common practice. When he was making his first online course, it was a novelty!  

This man was Mr Andy Skinner and since then, I have participated in every online course he offered. He raised the  art bar so much, that I was so intimidated (don't laugh - I was),  that I have  never sent him my class work on time! Once, he published something I had made as class delegate, and I was dancing a happy dance!

This year I was lucky to meet the legent in person and have him teach two workshops at my studio! What I have to say is that the man is not only a great teacher, but he is a great person as well! He laughs, he talks, he drinks, he jokes, he shares stories - he is really down to earth and all his success is something natural for him. 

His classes were amazing and  we had a really great time together! You can see how happy I am!





and everybody else as well!




In fact, I liked him so much,  I folded a book for him with more than a 1000 pages!




Do you want to see my class work? I am not intimidated anymore!

 




Have fun and create a lot!






1 σχόλιο:

  1. I loved this blog post! I had the time of my life at these workshops and I second all those fine qualities Andy Skinner has. The only problem was that it was only for two days!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή