Πέμπτη 22 Δεκεμβρίου 2011

I think that the last fortnight I make nothing but books. And as soon as I finish the last, someone calls and needs " urgently" another book. Journals, notebooks, sketchbooks,recipe books - name it and I am sure I have one in my portfolio! I don' t complain cause I love making books, but Christmas is almost around the corner and I haven't even started Shimmelle's journal , no art journaling, nothing!

So, what am I going to show you today? Books!

These are 6 x 8 inches and are ment for everyday use. Their covers are somehow "flat" (not many 3D decorations) in order to be thrown in a woman's handbag without special handling. The inside pages are stamped and heat embossed as usual.

In the first one I embossed a metal plate with a Tim Holtz die and used alcohol inks to color it.



For the next two I had a free reign, and you know what happens when you give a free reign to the bookmaker... The covers are a mixed media project by themselves. Sprays, inks, pastes, embossing, collage and a touch of Inka-gold. Laquer and fixative to stabilise the color and that's it - two books I really enjoyed!



That's it for now, I will come back with more books in my next post (you thought you will get away-Ha!)


4 σχόλια:

  1. Νομίζω οτι σου το έχω ξαναπεί... οτι βιβλίο και να φτιάξεις μου αρέσει πάρα πολυ!

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  2. Καλά Μυρτώ, συνέχισε έτσι και βλέπω να σου χτυπάω το κουδούνι με την τσαντούλα μου λίαν συντόμως! Κα-τα-πλη-κτι-κά όλα τα βιβλία σου αλλά με μια ιδιαίτερη προτίμηση στο "Κατερίνα".

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή
  3. Looking through your blog, I have to say that your books are works of art!!!! Really stunning! Thanks for the sweet comment earlier this morning :)

    ΑπάντησηΔιαγραφή