Τετάρτη 1 Ιουνίου 2011

As most of my readers already know, my last passion are sprays and paints. I have two art journals and a technique book currently running , but as I have started to experiment with many layers, I needed a heavy journal.

As a faithful shopaholic, I tried to buy one at first. I made my research but came up with nothing. Unbelievable isn't it? Well, I found several, mostly in US, but they were similar to the ones I already own. The ones I really liked were expensive and their transport costs were a laugh( plus that I couldn't find anything else to intrigue me from these shops!!).

The night before the last,after watching some tutorials on You Tube, I decided to give it a try and make my own. I always keep a spare heavy paper pad (300gsm) at home, so I had my pages. For the cover, I recycled a used medical folder, reinforced it with chipboard and covered it with canvas.

And I used my new shimmerz to paint it - yes they arrived already! I am very happy with the result - I even managed a fair stitching! Unfortunately the shimmer does not show in the picture, but my new journal has vivid shiny colors!






And of course I had to make the first page immediately. I used my favorite stamp set from studio 2 mers, washi tape, punched clouds, coloringz and oil pastels. And believe it or not the technique that Kelley showed us (gesso only the middle of the page) is perfect with coloringz (while it does not work nor with color washes neither with glimmer mists).




4 σχόλια: